Wednesday 22 January 2014

My everyday make-up

Hi everyone! This is my first ever blog post - how exciting!

I thought I would start off with my everyday essentials, the products I can't leave the house without. This is basically what I wear everyday for college and the make-up I put on if I'm in a rush.


Foundation: Rimmel Wake me up foundation in shade 100 Ivory
I have been using this foundation for a few months now and I love how easy it is to apply, as well as the colour being spot on. I have pale, slightly pink toned skin and I find most foundations to be way too yellow toned. It gives the face a lovely dewy look and looks very natural. It also covers redness and has SPF 15 which is a bonus. My only slight problem with it is I find it very slightly too glittery in direct sunlight or harsh lighting, but a fine dust of powder removes this (I like the translucent Rimmel stay matte powder).  

Under eye concealer: Collection lasting perfection concealer in shade 1 Fair
I have seen this product get rave reviews on many other blogs so I bought into the hype and I'm so glad I did! As well as budget friendly, I find this really does cover up dark circles and lasts all day. It claims to last 16 hours and though I have never put this to the test I imagine it would. I bought the lightest shade which appears very pale but when blended out under foundation I find it looks very natural.

Spot concealer: Benefit boi-ing concealer in shades 1 and 2
I got this sample size in a Benefit gift set for christmas, and so far I am very impressed. I use shade 1 mostly to cover up spots and small patches of redness under foundation, but I find a mixture of both shades is good for last minute touch ups over foundation as my foundation colour is somewhere between the two. When this runs out I will definitely treat myself to a full size shade 1.

Eyeliner: Soap and Glory Smoulder Kohl waterproof eyeliner in Black
I got this when sale shopping from the 'Crazy Sexy Kohl' gift set which was half price from Boots and contained 3 shadows and 5 eyeliners. These can also be bought individually in brown and black and unlike mine have a sharpener in the lid which is very handy. It is very soft and comparable in texture to an Urban Decay eyeliner, for a fraction of the price! Once on  they do smudge a little after a few hours but the colour does not fade. For day-to-day wear I think nothing can compete with a classic thin line of black eyeliner.

Mascara: Benefit they're real mascara
Another blogger favourite I have been using this for around six months now and it is definitely my favourite ever mascara. It volumises, curls, lengthens, lasts all day... it pretty much does everything! The only downside is removing it, which requires patience (which quite frankly I often lack) and a good waterproof eye make up remover. It is also quite expensive but a tube lasts for a good few months and I think it more than justifies the price. 


Lip balm: Maybelline Baby lips in Cherry Me
This product seems to be everywhere at the moment! Maybelline are certainly going from strength to strength. I suffer from very dry lips in the winter and often I want a wash of colour without wearing lipstick that clings to the dry patches and makes then look worse. This gives a nice pink colour on the lips and hydrates them nicely. It is not the most moisturising lip balm ever but I love the cherry taste and it is every so easy to re-apply every couple of hours.


Blusher: Bourjois Little Round Pot blusher in 41 Healthy Mix
I have had this for ages but only recently re-discovered it hiding on my dressing table. It is a lovely matte coral colour that on my face blends out to a really light wash of colour. I also really strangely love the smell of these, I can't really describe it - a light kind of flowery, talcum powdery smell. I find the small brushes that come with these fairly useless and much prefer a larger circular brush. The small mirror is good for touch ups on the go.

L-R: Rimmel Wake me up foundation, Collection lasting perfection concealer, Benefit boi-ing concealer in shades 1,  Benefit boi-ing concealer in shade 2, Soap and Glory Smoulder Kohl, Maybelline Baby lips, Bourjois blusher. (Taken in natural lighting)

Thank you for reading, please leave a comment.
Hazel x



2 comments:

  1. Hi dear, you have a lovely blog and great layout, do you want to follow each other? if you decided to follow me on BLOGLOVIN please let me know so I can follow you back, thank you. xoxo

    www.love-joice.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fashion Write For Us10 August 2020 at 06:13

    Hey! Really felt good while going through this Post. Keep up the good work. Visit Fashion Write For Us

    ReplyDelete